Customs Compliance II: Intermediate
*Prerequisite: Customs compliance I: Overview
Customs compliance begins with a good understanding of the role of customs. “Customs Compliance II: Intermediate” will walk you through the necessary steps for developing a compliance plan for your company so as to avoid possible financial penalties or any other logistical headaches.
Control the legal and financial risks by ensuring a proactive rather than reactive customs management.
- Understand business transactions (mapping):
- Customs declarations
- Commercial invoices
- Manage products and HS codes and maintain them
- Ensure consistency between mapping and reality
- Ensure management of NAFTA certificates (classification, origin, eligibility)
- Understand the customs declaration
- Establish an approval process for customs declarations
- Develop in-house expertise for customs files
- Establish a documented and permanent practice
Moreover, the intermediate level will help you:
- Approve customs declarations
- Implementation of an approval process for customs declarations
- Review of methodologies for approval and job aid
- Evaluate the customs broker’s work
- Development of a performance review and monitoring method
- Write a Compliance Manual
- Implementation of a documented procedure and recording of information
- List of elements that must be documented and the reasons for doing so
- Periodic updates
The training session lasts four hours.
Note: customized training or coaching is also available upon request.
For more information call : 1.514.368.2637 x112