Customs Compliance I: Overview
Importing goods into Canada or into another country? Then this training session is for you!
Using concrete examples, our customs expert will cover the following topics:
- Customs compliance principles and Administrative Monetary Penalty System (AMPS)
- Other government departments
- Classification of products and harmonized system
- Applications under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)
- Steps of a customs transaction
- customs duties, taxes and accounting
- courier low value shipments (LVS) and non-courier low value shipments
- Marking of goods
- Verification of declaration (importer’s responsibilities)
- adjustments (voluntary amendment, claims)
- Exporting and reimporting
- Commercial Invoice and export declaration
- Merchandise return
Who can benefit from this training?
- Logistics and transport officers
- Import-export assistants
- Company representatives
- Accounting employees
- Sales employees
- Department managers
- Business owners
- Anyone interested in customs activities
- Gain a general understanding of customs compliance principles from an expert with over 25 years of experience in the industry, using concrete and real-life examples.
- Gain a general understanding of the responsibility as an importer or exporter for self-regulatory obligations and customs compliance.
- Understand the main steps of a customs transaction as well as important details in order to avoid penalties that could prove costly.
- Obtain explanations on any questions related to customs transactions.
Participants in our training programs will receive a handy reference booklet.
The training session lasts four hours and includes a lunch.
Note: customized training or coaching at your workplace is also available upon request.
For more information call : 1.514.368.2637 x112