Webinar: Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA)
The Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA), aka USMCA in the United States, replaced the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) on July 1st, 2020. If you are an importer, exporter or producer who relied on NAFTA, it is vital that you understand the changes implemented by the new CUSMA. Don’t miss the opportunity to join this 2-hour online webinar! Our expert, Marc Ticehurst, who has over 27 years of experience in the Customs industry, will cover the following topics:
- NAFTA vs. CUSMA – what changes and what stays the same;
- Changes to rules of origin;
- Changes to proof of origin requirements (certification of origin);
- Record keeping and origin verification procedures;
- Increase in value thresholds for De Minimis imports by courier;
- Changes in post-importation claims (refunds);
- CUSMA compliance and liability.
Who is the webinar for?
Anyone involved in the Customs activities of your business, such as:
- Procurement and sales
- Logistics and customs analysts
- Accounting staff
- Department heads and business owners
Objective of the webinar:
This webinar will focus on the trade in goods, mainly for imports into Canada and exports from Canada to the U.S. and Mexico, how to benefit from CUSMA and the principal changes in comparison to the previous NAFTA.
Please note that W2C also offers personalized (customer-adapted) online customs training, upon request.
For more information call : 1.514.368.2637 x112